Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Christmas in August / Week 5

Wow, I can hardly believe that August is almost over and we are doing our last Christmas in August blog. For today's creation I'm using a stencil that I really love, The Swooshy X-mas Tree ( LM 279) and instead of the usual red and green I'm using the contemporary colors of Lime, Purple and Glacier. The card I'm using is one that Doodlebug Designs came out with last year called create- a -card. I love the scalloped edge and the polka dots. The decorative paper is from last year's Bo Bunny designs and I pasted the image on Bazzill's Grape Delight.
First I taped the stencil to the paper on all fours sides using removable tape, then I mixed embossing paste (DEP) with Kiwi (10) Metallic F/X. Using the Paste Spreader (LM2010) I then pasted the image, removed the tape leaving the first piece as a hinge then remove the stencil and set the image aside to dry. After the stenciled image is dry, reposition the stencil back over the image and using the Jumbo Dauber (KD02) dab glue from the Palette Stamp and Stick Glue pad (GSP) onto the image. Now you will brush on the Metallic F/X in goldfinch(05), Moonstone (04) and Kiwi (10). I then layered the card together and added Liquid Pearls - Bisque for an embellishment on the right side of the card.
You can join in the fun and link your creation to our Dream It Up blog by using Mr. Linky or go to the Dreamweaver Website and e-mail Lynell a picture of your card. 

Until next Thursday 
HAPPY STENCILING!

5 comments:

  1. What a bright and cheery card this is! I love the colors and the sketch! Thanks for starting my morning with such a cheery creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Ahh, I love the colors! Most excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card! I love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great papers and colors with that sparkly tree! Love this card, Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Bless You card. Just bought this stencil and am going to try it out with your design. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete