Thursday, August 9, 2012

Christmas in August Week 2

Well here it is Thursday already and I almost missed my post. Crazy week at work and trying to et everything cut for my classes on Saturday at Scrapbook Territory. Here's this week card:


I fell in love with Star Dream X-mas (LG 746) and just new right away that I wanted to do gold leafing with this stencil. The first thing I did was to tape my stencil to dark green card stock. I taped all four sides and then I pasted the image with Gold Metallic Paste (DGP). I then removed the stencil and set it in a container with water so I could clean it later. 
Once the paste was dry ( you can tell easily with the metallics because they start out dull and then turn shiny) I repositioned the stencil back over the image. I then used a jumbo dauber and Palette Stamp and Stick glue on the image. Remove the stencil, then heat the glue with you heat gun ( Sing the Row, Row, Row your boat song twice and that should be enough heat. You should be able to lift the paper by putting two finger down on the image and the picking it up)
Now the fun part, lay your  Variegated Black  Leafing (VBL) on top of your image and using a large stencil brush pounce gently on the image, you will see the image appear under the leafing. Move your stencil brush gently in a circular motion to remove excess leafing. Don't throw away the excess, I store mine in glad sandwich holders for use on other projects. 
I added some metallic embellishments from Hero Arts to the tree and then mounted the green card stock on gold metallic paper. I then layered that onto a gold card that had been layered with red card stock. I used brown twine and a green button for additional embellishing.

Want to get into the holiday spirit a little early?  Link your own Christmas in August creations to the Dream It Up! blog mr. linky, or email pics of your creations to lynell@..., for an opportunity to win this wonderful newly released Heart Ornaments:







Don't you just love this new design? There are several newly released stencils and products from CHA last month, which you can view for yourself HERE. During the week of August 20th - 25th, the Dream Team will be posting all week with a hop on Saturday to top it all...featuring all of these new fabulous designs...in collaboration with the Woodware UK team. Just a little hint...you may want to buy all of these new designs now, so you are ready and waiting for the inspiration that will come your way that week! Meanwhile, check out what the rest of the team has been creating this week:


Dream It Up! blog

Pam Hornschu   

Laura Drahozal 

Cherylynn Moser 

Louise Healy

Wendy Jordan   

Terrece Siddoway 

Kristi Van Doren 

Georgia Sommers 

Lee Kellogg 

Jessie Hurley

Liz Martin

 Cyndi Bundy 

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Love that leafing with that design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite new release stencils, too, and perfect for the gold leafing technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Georgia, I love the way the leafing compliments this goregous new design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! I love the way that you used the leafing! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I will be singing that song now every time I do this technique!! Beautiful card Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards is just gorgeous! Love the tree in the leafing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this card Georgia. I miss seeing you at Jazzy Crafts!

    ReplyDelete