Thursday, December 1, 2011

Turquoise and Silver Dream Scheme Colorway


This colorway was really a challenge for me this week. With this colorway I would have used the snowflake or the ice skates but I've already used them in the last two posts and I really wanted to use a different stencil. So as I was looking through my stencils I found this stencil (LL3019) Nativity. I used the Dreamweaver Silver Metallic Paste on turquoise card stock and then sprinkled it with crystal glitter. I then took a piece of glossy card stock and used Color Solutions, the new artist grade alcohol inks just released, and did a marbling effect for the background layer.
I added silver card stock behind both layers and the layered it all onto a turquoise card. I then add some turquoise tulle to the card. It is a different look for a card I would send for Christmas but I have to say I really like it. Check out the rest of the links to the right to see what my Dream Team sisters have come up with. If you have a creation that you would like to share, go to the Dream It Up blog and link it to Mr. Linky. Hope you are all having a creative holiday season. Come back next week to see our newest creations.

6 comments:

  1. This turned out great Georgia! I almost used this stencil too because I thought it was perfect for this color challenge! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Georgia, this is wonderful. Wish I could see it in person. Love the marbled background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VEry pretty card. Love the nativity stencil a lot! Way cool and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Georgia!!! You did a great with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete