Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sketch Challenge with a Vintage theme.

This week's challenge was a hard one for me, because I really don't do vintage much. I started by picking out a piece of vintage looking paper from Graphic 45. I then decided to use the holly flourish stencil (LG 731) which I pasted on white card stock with Gold Metallic paste. I then pasted Merry Christmas (LS 92) in glossy green paste on a piece of kraft paper. When the green paste was dry I distressed the edges of the paper with Ranger distress ink Walnut Stain. I added some red tulle, and Ivory embellishment pin dipped it gold glitter and a felt flower.
Now go to my sister dream team members and see what they have come up with this week.

7 comments:

  1. Love how this all comes together beautifully, Georgia. And the Holly Flourish is perfect cut in thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Georgious" as per usual!!! Hoping your holidays are merry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I thought about using that stencil, too. It has such a "vintage-y" feel. I just couldn't get that snowflake combo out of my mind's eye. I think that this holly is a very beautifully rendered stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the vintage look. A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WEll you did a fantastic job for not doing vintage!! Very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Georgia, you did great with vintage!I almost used the holly swirl too it was perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fabulous job incorporating the vintage with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete