Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Thursday Dream Scheme's Happy New Year


This has been a busy week for me so I kept my design clean and simple. I started by picking out my paper I used a nice teal color from Coordinations and then I found some handmade paper that had pieces of gold metallic threads. I realized as I started to look at my stencils that I really don't have anything for New Year's so I decided to improvise. I used the Swirl Background stencil (LJ863 ). I used Brillance Galaxy gold. ink with a 1 1/4 stencil brush and brushed in the color on three of the corners. Then I took a piece of my teal card stock and the Celebrate stencil (LS90). I used Gold Metallic paste for the Celebrate and set it aside to dry. While I was waiting for the celebrate to dry I layered the handmade paper onto the teal card stock, wrapped the card with light teal tulle and then I added 2012 by using Thickers "rainboots" glitter stickers. Now I cut the celebrate to the size I wanted and then layered it onto a piece of gold card stock I used foam mounting tape to pop it off the upper left corner. Like I said clean and simple.
Looking forward to a great and creative New Year. Play along with our challenges by going to the Dream It Up blog and linky to Mr. Linky. Don't forget to go to the Dream Teams blogs and check out what they came up with this week. Happy 2012 to everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. Great creation Georgia, I used the same background stencil, it works perfectly for celebrations! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I like how the bow looks like one of those holiday crackers or a firework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what they say about necessity being the mother of invention . . . and your card is the perfect example. Love the colors and the celebratory feel. Just perfect! Looking forward to seeing you at CHA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how it is when time is limited...but this is clean & simple and yet my friends in the UK would say, "very effective"...and that's what counts. Love it Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. Love the colors. I know it is a busy time but so glad we all make time for Dreamweaver!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colors together...love the gold bling for the new year and the gorgeous deep teal!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the swirly background. Interesting how we both used teal. Great minds...Lol. Wonderful celebration card. Happy New Year, Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty! I love the background. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete