Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Getting Inky with Dreamweaver Stencils

Wow! Another Thursday is upon us and the weeks are flying by.  I'm using a simple card this week because I'm starting to pack for our move, not sure where we will be moving to but still have to pack. This months challenge is getting inky which means you have a lot of techniques that you can use. Don't forget to play along the winner of this month's challenge will pick which ever stencil they choose.
Here's my creation for this week:

This card started with a yellow notecard. I picked a natural color card stock to do my Falling Leaves (LL 3004) I placed the stencil on my paper and taped on all four sides, then using a small stencil brush and the Circus Splendor Pad (KS10)  i rouged in yellows and oranges. I removed the stencil and sprinkled the ink with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, then heated with my heat gun. I replaced the stencil over the image and added some red to the leaves then after once again removing the stencil I sprinkled the image with Clear Embossing Powder (EB05) and heated with my heat gun. I distressed the edges with Adirondack Lettuce dye based ink. I cut a layer of Bo Bunny Double Dot stripe a quarter of an inch smaller then my notecard, I used the back side of the paper because I liked the design pattern. I then took my Vertical BLESS YOU stencil (LM264) and stenciled on the right side of the orange paper with Tim Holts Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade. I layered everything together and added a sheer green ribbon.  Voila!  Simple but pretty card. 

6 comments:

  1. love the faux cloisene. LOVE the leaves! GReat card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card and perfect for the season. I hope this amazing technique will be a class!! I hope you're well Georgia. I have been missing your cookies. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring and the faux cloisoinne technique just really sets it off. Love this card, it makes me want to go walking through a pile of leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and great combination of stencils and paper! Very pretty. Good luck with your move, where ever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Georgia. Any chance you'll be moving to the west bay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! this is gorgeous! It absolutely sparkles! Hope all is well with your move and packing. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete