Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dreamweaver Sneak Peek #3

For today's post I decided to use the open butterfly (LG740) and the Art Nouveau Flourish (LJ191) I did a combination of things with this stencil. First on a piece of ivory card stock I stenciled the body of the butterfly using Glossy Black paste. Then when that was dry I taped over half the butterfly and using a sludge technique pasted half the butterfly and while it was wet I sprinkled glitter on the wings. then when that was dry I did the other side using the same technique. once it was all dry I cut out the butterfly. SinceI basically flunked kindergarten cutting I accidentally cut off the antenna. I put together the paper layers I wanted a really nice blue from Bazzill Basics and a patterned paper from Basic Grey I stenciled the body with black glossy paste and the stenciled the flourish at the bottom. When that was dry I used double sided mounting tape to pop the butterfly off the paper and now my butterfly had it's antenna back. There is so much you can do with this stencil I know your going to just love having it, don't forget to tell your local retailer so they can order at CHA. Now don't forget to go to the rest of the Dream TEam blogs to see which new stencil they are featuring today. Oh I almost forgot to tell you how I mixed these colors, I used regular embossing paste, I mixed some with Metallic F/X Glacier Blue and the other was with Metallic F/X Sapphire.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Georgia! Love the sludge-paste colors and the feeling of movement from the Art Nouveau Flourish.

    ReplyDelete