Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dreamweaver Free Challenge week


I can't believe that it's the Fall Equinox already, that means Halloween is on the way. I love Halloween. So I thought it would be fun to show you all a card that I made with that thought in mind. I started with the OptoCheckerboard background using the double glitter technique. You really want to soap the back of the stencil well with vegetable soap ( Handmade Coconut Soap) I always take a small brush and use it to get any of the soap out of the holes in the stencil. Once this is done I place the stencil on double sided mounting paper then sprinkle black glitter ( Glitter Ritz) over the paper. Once I have done this I then remove the the stencil and sprinkle with crystal glitter. I then used the Jack O' Lantern (LL 531) stencil and used the sludge technique with Matte Orange and Matte Yellow paste. I let everything dry and then I layered it all together.Halloween is so much fun, carving pumpkins, candy and all the fun decorations not to mention the costumes. The picture above is one of my favorite costumes. That's my friend Terrece and I dressed up for Halloween. Don't we look fabulous. Hope you are all having a great 2nd day of Fall play along with us by going to the Dreamweaver Dream It UP blog and posting on Mr. Linky. Don't forget to visit the blogs of the rest of the Dream Team and see what sweet treats they are offering today. See you all next week.

8 comments:

  1. The pumpkins are so cute on the checkerboard background, which I'm liking more and more. But you and Terrece are too fabulous for words in those costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The checkerboard pattern fits perfectly for Halloween, where everything is just a little skewed anyway! Very nice job. I love Halloween alot, too. I just ADORE those costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card. The pumpkin stencil was the first one I purchased and I still love it! I can't wait to try this sludge technique on it this year. It really looks cool! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture, Georgia! That background is perfect with the jack O' lanterns, kind of adds to the woo-woo effect. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is awesome Georgia! That Opto Checkerboard is just perfect as a background for the jack-o-lanterns. Great costumes too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect stencil for sludge pasteing!!! I love it. I hope you have a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww...you guys are sooo clever! What great costumes...and love that card, sludge paste and double glitter tech. as well. Would make a great class for Fall Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that background with the Jack-o-Lanterns. Very cool effect.

    ReplyDelete