Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dream Scheme Thursday-Monochromatic color challenge


I really loved this challenge, I started by going thru my usual stash of paper...then I remembered that I have this awesome stash of paper from Club Scrap that might be just what I was looking for. I really thought this paper was great because it was kind of a collage type background. I used the Bamboo Crest (LL 596) which I taped onto the paper centering it under the word synchronize. Using Mellow Moss ink from Stampin UP i rouged the ink onto the paper I then used a Jumbo dauber to cover the design with clear embossing ink ( Versamark) I removed the stencil and covered the design with UTEE and then heated with my heat gun. I repositioned the stencil back over the image and added more ink to darken the areas I wanted shading in. Again I used clear embossing ink over the image and removed the stencil this time using regular clear embossing powder over the image and heated that with my heat gun. To my monochromatic sage card I added a gingham ribbon and three Dots (Foliage By Hero Arts). this was such a fun card to do simple but I like the way it tuned out. Check out the cards from my design team sisters to see what they came up with this week. I know some of the girls are with Lynell this week at CHA in Chicago and they are releasing some new designs that we may be showing on our blogs soon....SO STAY TUNED TO SEE WHAT'S NEW.

5 comments:

  1. Great technique! Too bad the picture wasn't a little brighter as it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These grayish-green tones are just gorgeous Georgia. I have seen a similar card which you have done and will have Wayne take a picture to put on the blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layering of colors and patterns. Very zen!

    ReplyDelete