Thursday, June 16, 2011

Father's Day Dream Scheme



This week we have a sketch that you can see on the other dream team blogs,My computer has a tantrum every time I try to post a sketch. My dad has been gone a long time now but I am lucky to have married a man who is an extordinary father to our beautiful daughters. We both love the beach and so did my father so I really enjoyedthe way this card came out. I started b y pasting the wave (LL477 ) with Black Matte Paste, when dry I repostioned the stencil and lightly pounced on Stamp and Stick Glue by Pallette. Once I was done with this I used Metallic F/X Navajo Sky, Sapphire and Moonstone, which I brushed on with a paint brush. Then I layered on the rest of the card. As many of you know I really like to simple and easy cards. I hand wrote the saying in white ink. Well it is a beautiful morning in Northern California so I think I will get out and enjoy the cool fresh air before the afternoon heat is here. Don't forget to leave a comment and please go to my Dream Team sister's blogs to see the lovely creations they have come up with. Also if you feel like sharing some of your cards with us please do that by going to the Dream It Up blog and sharing it through Mr. Linky. Have a creative week, see you next Thursday.

7 comments:

  1. Hand written sentiment....I was just about to ask who made that stamp. You handwriting is FABULOUS!! I am also a lover of simple cards. Do you get to spend the time at the beach this weekend? I wish I lived near one. I hope you have a great weekend and I can't wait to see what you create next week. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh, NICELY done...love that bit of glitter on the waves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am dreaming of the beach, Hapuna Beach on the Big Island to be exact. Ah well, another time... I love the card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog banner is a perfect lead-in for this week's card, Georgia. You've beautifully captured the crystal clear blue of the ocean and the white foam of the crashing waves . . .I can almost hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgia...lovely lovely as per usual! It is one of my favorite all time stencils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a fabulous job sticking to the sketch! Love that focal image with the shells in the panel. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Georgia--love the waves in the center! Don't know why I didn't think of using a round center--good job.

    ReplyDelete