Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thursday Dream Schemes


Hi everyone, sorry this is late getting posted, but I'm still hobbling around on crutches and this week I'm also trying to get 2 quilt stands painted. Today's challenge is a express yourself challenge. I used this great paper to start with it white but it has glass shards on it in a paisley background, I saw it and just had to use it for this card. I mounted the white paper on Gold cardstock. Next I used the Be MY Valentine stencil (LM 276) and the Tole heart (LL3010) on black cardstock. I pasted both with gold matallic paste, then when they were dry I repostioned the stencil and dabbed a little of the stamp amd glue pad on the sm hearts. I added crystal glitter to give a little piazzaz. I then added a tulle bow to the layered cardstock and then layered the Be MY Valentine to the white paper. I cut out the heart and adhered it to the card using mounting tape to pop it slightly off the card. I think this card is perfect for the man in your life. It could also be done as an anniversary card.
Don't forget to hop on over to the rest of the teams blogs to check them out and also to the Dream It Up blog to see what's new there. I hope everyone is having a geat New Year and creating like crazy. I know I have alot going on in my brain, if I only had a few more hours in each day it would be great. See you all next week.

10 comments:

  1. Georgia, very beautiful! That background paper is lovely! Hope you are feeling better each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo striking!!! Are you teaching this for a Valentine's class?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very classy and elegant, Georgia. Masculine Valentine's day cards are hard to find unless you're a creative card-maker, which you certainly are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it and just how long do you think you can use that all on crutches hobbling thing! LOL No worries, you are still in my prayers for quick healing. Great Card..Maybe pain meds make things even prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohhhh! Perfectly positively ELEGANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black and gold--how beautiful! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOlalala gorgeous!!!!!! This beautiful Georgia!! I hope you have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Lynell I am planning on teaching this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, I love this black & gold combo. Beautiful card ...Don't have a clue what the Dreamweavers Stencils & pastes are but I'm taking a class on Saturday so guess I'll find out. If I can turn out something nearly as beautiful as this I'll be happy.
    Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete