Monday, June 28, 2010

This is one of the samples I sent to Dreamweaver Stencils. The background was done using the petite fern stencil and rouging in Colorbox Chalk ,Warm Green and then Olive Pastel. I used the same stencil ,with double sided mounting paper in conjunction with Hawaiian Handmade Soap .
First coating the stencil on the back with the soap( this allows you to remove the stencil from the sticky paper with out bending it. ) Placing the stencil on the sticky paper you can now glitter the design, I used Glitter Ritz Micro Fine
Grasshopper and Cool Highlight. I punched the glittered paper using Marvy's scalloped rectangle punch and layered the the glittered piece to light green paper and popped it off the background.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on setting up your blog. I love the info about using the soap on the back of the stencil. I didn't know that and tried the same technique with the result of bending the stencil! Thanks for the info. Great card, too. Love the background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Your blog is lovely!!!!

    ReplyDelete