Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Outside the Box

MAD I tell you! We're all going MAD! That is.Dreamweaver Stencils! Lol. Welcome to our "March Madness" challenge! Anything goes, and the more outside-of-the-box, the better. This year, we're aiming to play with non-traditional challenges whenever possible. So, break out all of your I-never-quite-knew-what-to-do-with-these-products stash, look at your Dreamweaver stencils in a whole new creative light, and get crafting! Oh, and don't forget to link those creations to the linkytool on the Dream It Up! blog for one of THREE chances to win the stencil of your choice! Need some crazy ideas? Check our "A" team first, and our very special guest designer and Certified Dreamweaver teacher...
Hi Everyone sorry I didn't make it on the blog last week, I was in Arizona and was having major problems with electronic things. Since we are working out of the box this month I thought I would use some of my favorite stencils and create something with this great cork and also use this paper I picked up from Tattered Angels called Frayed Cotton. I love all things Hawaiian and beachy, now I have never managed to make it to Hawaii yet, but tomorrow my daughter is leaving for Hawaii and this will be her first time there. I decided I wanted to create a frame for some of her special pics that I'm sure she will take. The stencils I used are: LG641 Monstera Leaf, LG706 Monstera Shape, LL530 Hula Girls and LM273 Hula Girl. I also used the Monstera Leaf Die (DD002) that was released earlier this year at CHA. I started by stenciling the leaf and leaf shape using a Lg Stencil brush and and MomentoLuxe Pistachio ink I distressed the right edge of the paper and the top edge of the cork using Momento Luxe Nautical Blue ink. I used Black Matte Paste to paste the Hula Girl on the Frayed Cotton and the Hula Girls on the cork. I added a ribbon onto the edge of the Frayed Cotton. I used the die cut Monstera Leaf to cut three leaves out of Double-Sided mounting paper, I adhered the leaves on the paper and cork and then removed the resist paper and glittered the leaves using Art Glitter's Microfine Opaque Reed and Microfine Opaque Olive glitter's. I hope you enjoy this project, next week I'm hoping to continue this project by adding a frame so stop by and see what I'm able to come up with. Until then Cre8 some fun of your own and link those creations using the linkytool on the Dream It Up! blog

5 comments:

  1. wow your card is so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Georgia! Can't wait to see the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun cork creation for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun your project is Georgia! I love the hula girls and monstera leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's so cold here that I wish I could just crawl right into your Hawaiian frame!! it will be lovely for your daughter's pics. my daughter has been there and raved so much about it we now have it on our list of must do's :).

    ReplyDelete